Are you excited about green technologies that reduce GHG emissions? Do you have a technical background with experience analyzing scientific data? Do you enjoy learning about a broad range of technologies across sectors? Do you want your work to have a meaningful impact on investment decisions? If so, then this opportunity may be a good fit for you!
Rho Impact is hiring our next cohort of Research Fellows to work with businesses and investors to help them understand their climate impact. We have some exciting opportunities on the horizon and are actively recruiting technical folks to conduct analyses that advance the rigor of impact investing and our commercial data science tools.
Rho Impact Research Fellows will learn how to build quantitative models of low-GHG technology deployment through secondary research and engage in peer-review of one another’s models. Following a paid training period, Fellows will join our bench of contracted researchers to engage with Rho Impact clients and perform analyses with the support of the Rho Impact team.
This is a part-time, remote position with a training period of 6 weeks beginning in February 2024. Fellows will be paid an honorarium for completion of the training program (averaging approx. 8 hours per week). Following successful completion of the training, Fellows will then be invited to continue work as a contractor with Rho Impact whereby they will be compensated for each individual analysis.
- Demonstrated a passion for sustainable technologies and exploring complex systems.
- An advanced degree (or is working towards one) in a STEM program with research experience. Preference will be given to individuals who have the flexibility to join our team full-time in the next 1-2 years. A Bachelor's degree may be considered if the candidate has research experience and meets all other qualifications.
- 10+ hours a week of available time throughout most of 2024.
- Availability for meetings between 11AM and 2PM EST.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis and scientific report development.
- Experience with performing scientific literature reviews and aggregating data/findings from various sources to develop new insights.
- Familiarity with life cycle analysis work and concepts.
- Comfort working with prototype software and data science tools (data science experience is nice to have but not required).
- Comfort working in an emerging field wherein timelines and client needs require pragmatic decision making and research scoping.
- Interest in a career in sustainability analytics.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets with an intuition for the clean organization of data transformations.
- A passion for excellence, a good sense of humor, empathy and humility.