Why Rho ImpactRho Impact-ers are inherently doers who see their work directly tied to making our communities and the world a better place. This is a place where your work will be appreciated not only by your team, but across the company, and additionally play a role in the global sustainability efforts taking shape across many industries. And we do this while providing opportunities to grow and support each other’s individual talents, passions and wellbeing. If you share these values, come join us!
Rho Impact is hiring for a compassionate, curious Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Senior Engineer, you will help guide our technical strategy, build applications, and play an important role developing the future team of software developers. We work in an energizing and dynamic industry. Our technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and ability to lead through ambiguous situations.
- You are a builder- You are an involved leader. You understand the importance of interconnected technology applications and services and apply your high standard into creating modern, intentional solutions.
- You are a teammate- You appreciate strong communication skills, solving problems, and iterating to become better together. You understand that delivering the best solution to the customer requires teamwork.
- You are a mentor and an eternal student - You understand that as a member of the senior leadership team you are responsible for creating pathways for success. While you support the growth of your team, you never stop learning either. You enjoy experimenting and exploring ideas. Join us and help create an impactful future!
- Develop products and services for advanced machine learning applications in impactful and interesting problem spaces.
- Join a group of talented and friendly team members in an experienced individual contributor role (mix of architecting / building / mentoring), with potential for future people and project management opportunities.
- Lead engineering projects by collaborating with team members and customers, facilitating technology architecture decisions, driving forward work streams, and releasing high quality software.
- Work on all layers—designing database schemas, connecting AWS services, building python services that leverage machine learning libraries, crafting frontend features.
- 8+ Years of Software Engineering Experience or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience developing in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience architecting and maintaining Relational Databases
- Experience with Container Orchestration Frameworks like Kubernetes
- Experience building or maintaining CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience building APIs
- Experience building SPA Web Applications
- Experience building Docker Containers
- Experience with Version Control
- Prior role as Software Technical Lead
- Strong grasp of DevOps and willingness to assist in maintenance of company infrastructure
- Willingness to mentor and assist junior engineers
- Experience maintaining big data pipelines
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a growing startup
- Career advancement opportunities
- Personal Development support
- Fully remote work
- Flexible Work Hours
- Medical, dental, FSA, HSA and 401K benefits
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays, personal days, parental leave)
- Paid family leave (parental leave, baby bonding leave, caregiver leave)