Why Rho ImpactRho Impact-ers are inherently doers who see their work directly tied to making our communities and the world a better place. This is a place where your work will be appreciated not only by your team, but across the company, and additionally play a role in the global sustainability efforts taking shape across many industries. And we do this while providing opportunities to grow and support each other’s individual talents, passions and wellbeing. If you share these values, come join us!
Rho Impact is hiring for a compassionate, curious Junior Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Junior Engineer, you will help guide our technical strategy, build applications, and play an important role developing the future team of software developers. We work in an energizing and dynamic industry. Our technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and ability to lead through ambiguous situations.
- You are a builder- You are a leader in a way that feels most comfortable to you. You understand the importance of interconnected technology applications and services and maintain an intentional mindset to solutions.
- You are a teammate- You appreciate strong communication skills, solving problems, and iterating to become better together. You understand that delivering the best solution to the customer requires teamwork and collaboration.
- You are an eternal student - You understand that as a member of the development team you are a key part of its success. And to be successful you will not know all the answers. Most importantly you are curious and driven to look for alternative solutions. You never want to stop learning either. You enjoy experimenting and exploring ideas. Join us and help create an impactful future!
- Develop products and services for advanced machine learning applications in impactful and interesting problem spaces.
- Join a group of talented and friendly team members in an experienced individual contributor role (mix of architecting / building / mentoring), with potential for future people and project management opportunities.
- Lead engineering projects by collaborating with team members and customers, facilitating technology architecture decisions, driving forward work streams, and releasing high quality software.
- Work on all layers—designing database schemas, connecting AWS services, building python services that leverage machine learning libraries, crafting frontend features.
- 1 - 3 Years of Software Engineering Experience Or Relevant Bachelors Degree
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience developing in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Personal project(s) you are willing to show off and discuss
- Experience with Version Control
- Experience building full-stack web applications
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a growing startup
- Career advancement opportunities
- Personal Development support
- Fully remote work
- Flexible Work Hours
- Medical, dental, FSA, HSA and 401K benefits
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays, personal days, parental leave)
- Paid family leave (parental leave, baby bonding leave, caregiver leave)